Better hierarchy and organisation in Projects

Adding sections to projects so tasks can live under phases would be very helpful. right now, every task is just a long list which is overwhelming

3 Likes

That’s a great idea! The ability to organize tasks into sections or phases within a project is not currently available in Toggl Track. Right now, tasks do appear as a flat list under each project, so I can see how that can feel overwhelming as the list grows.

I’ll make sure to pass this feedback along to the product team.

— AI-generated response. Our team reviews all community posts. If you need further help feel free to tag Support in your reply.

I’m also very much looking for this in toggl 2.0. My current workaround is to have a “task” for the phase and “subtasks” for the actual tasks that need to go into the phase, but this is incredibly cumbersome and does not resolve the issue of having a long list of tasks. It also makes it more difficult to use the tasks sidebar for planning purposes, as readability to distinguish tasks from subtasks is very challenging. I also can’t duplicate a task with all of its subtasks, so it is very cumbersome to set up the project when it has repeatable “phases”.

For example, I have a one-year project that has 4 meetings that I facilitate. Each of those meetings has a number of required tasks to make them successful. It would be very helpful to be able to set up the project with phases like:

  • Project initiation
  • Meeting 1
  • Meeting 2
  • Meeting 3
  • Meeting 4
  • Project close
  • Project management

I also find it challenging that you can’t have a recurring task if it has subtasks, as I’m trying to make Toggl 2.0 my single source of truth and I DO have recurring activities that have subtasks (e.g., my monthly financial checkout involves a couple of steps) and it does NOT make sense to set each of them up as separate projects.

1 Like